Thursday 26 May 2016

DEMO SWAP GROUP

Our May monthly Demo swap group was to create two cards, one something from 'old' catalogue but held over into the new catalogue, and one to create something 'new' from our pre-order products. 

 

For my 'old' project, I used Butterfly Basics stamp set and Butterflies Thinlits Dies used at a recent 'Watercolour & Inks Technique class.  We filled an Aqua Painter with a supermarket sterilising liquid (bit kinder than bleach) and 'painted' the flowers, bleaching the colour from the card.  Different colours and brands react differently to the bleach but it's fun experimenting with the effect you like.  I would recommend washing out bleach from your Aqua Painter when you have finished for the day.  The sentiment is from Cottage Greetings. 

 


attended the Stampin' Up! On Stage Local event in Telford last month and came home with a few free stamp sets from the 'new' catalogue. One of my team was very lucky to receive Baby Bear stamp set as her Prize Patrol and I was able to borrow it while she was on holiday 😉
 

This set is proving VERY popular, especially when crafters see them made up in 'real life' samples, drawing the L.O.V.E.
 
Here I have used Basic Gray, Sweet Sugarplum and Whisper White cardstock. The Smoky Slate ink was stamped off for the first image, giving a lighter shade, with ink used neat on 2nd stamp and finally Basic Gray Archival for the 3rd stamp.  The same stamping-off technique was done with Sweet Sugarplum ink for bow tie and fussy cut by hand.  

 

To finish off, I added some Playful Palette Designer Washi Tape and a narrow strip of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.  The sentiment was stamped from Thoughtful Banners stamped in Sweet Sugarplum ink and punched out using Duet Banner.

 

My next project with Baby Bear is making about 40 Thank You cards for sponsors helping with fundraising for our Teddy Bear Festival in July.  Then there is a Make & Take project for the Ted Fest Craft Fair, plus some to display and sell.  I think my set us going to be very busy when it arrives after 1st June. 
 

 
Happy craftin'

Sandra

Contact me on : 07806 616704
For all your Stampin' Up! requirements and Special Offers, please visit : 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate hearing from you, x