Tuesday 16 February 2016

HANDMADE BUSINESS CARDS & STORAGE

Today I'm sharing an enhancement to a project I've been working on over the last few weeks. 

My earlier posts I shared how I've made some lovely business cards, cutting 10 bases from an A4 sheet of card then decorating using some of the abundance of scraps that accumulate on my workspace, whilst prepping classes, plus a bit of compulsory stamping of course ! 

 
This will definitely be an on-going 'work in progress' project to maintain supplies, but I am determined to clear scraps as I go, so this idea was born. As I finish cutting required sizes for class projects, the remnants left over, get cut neatly to required sizes or strips at the time. 
 
 
To store them all neatly, I decided to repurpose an A4 plastic box and cut an A4 size piece from 12" DSP backing card. Using more DSP backing card, I then cut, scored and folded some dividers.  Having measured to space equally, I stuck to base card using red tacky tape for strength. 
 
Gorgeous Grunge stamp set is a firm favourite with lots of my customers. Here it provides really quick decorative backing to some of my business cards.  Some of them also had small flowers or hearts punched from odd shaped scraps and stored neatly in the corner.   Mini jam jars are also useful for keeping smaller elements together. 

I hope you gave enjoyed today's post.  I know this has inspired a couple of demonstrator colleagues.  Receiving a mini 'work of art' is more likely to be kept and remembered than a mass produced bought one.  The only down side is the time factor, but if you prepare all scraps as you go, it really makes it much quicker and also a job that can be assembled on a lap tray in front of the TV with family.


Happy craftin'
 
Sandra
 
Contact me on : 07806 616704
For all your Stampin' Up! requirements and Special Offers, please visit : 

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate hearing from you, x